Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meghan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Alright so this is what Im looking at right now for my 75 gallon tank, has a SUNSUN canister filter, will be planting Java moss, Java Fern, Anubias and Vallisnenia. Any suggestions? will the black skirt tetras be too nippy for my angels? Would it be better to do just pearls and no angels? I have no idea what Im doing. :(

Attachments

• AquStockImage.php.png
    AquStockImage.php.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 53
IMO you would probably be fine as far as the BSTs and angels go; they have lots of room. I think 4 pearl gouramis might be an issue. Maybe 1 male and 2 females could be better? I might be wrong though...

I would up the tetra schools to 8 as well.

I agree with the gourami's only, get one male. Everything else looks good.

Alright I will up the schools to 8 and try to get one male and 2 or 3 female pearls. I really need an API freshwater testing kit, but unfortunately they are not sold here where I live and I cant find anywhere that will ship them to AK. So I have to rely on the cheap test strips. Im going to do a 50% water change today and will be picking up the fish tomorrow night. I used the old filthy filter from my 10 gallon tank to help the cycle which I started a week ago. Hopefully that was long enough? I also put in a few live plants from a cycled tank.

Ive already tried, I assure you they ship a lot of things but they wont ship the API kit here. :(

Well shoot.

Well unfortunately the angelfish ate all the neon tetras I got, I guess Ill try again with the cardinals, maybe keep the tetras in a separate tank to let them grow big enough that they cant be eaten before I mix them with the angels, the two female swordtails died from some weird skin peeling issue, didnt look like ich to me, started Friday and died by Sunday. Ill attach a picture but I have also posted in unhealthy fish section.

Attachments

• 20140215_075536.jpg
    20140215_075536.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom