Stocking larger fish for 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

batkitty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay, depending on if my guormis get to go live with the Betta....I am thinking of putting just a few 2-4 depending on size, larger fish in my 55 gallon. I like the Oscars, but even 2 of them seem to be too big for the 55 gallon when they get big enough.

Part of me like lots of fish swimming around, but my limited experience is that when you have a few larger fish they become more interactive with you. So I'm on the fence and ready to move in one direction or the other. :fish2:

Anyway, any suggestions? I've also considered Discus but I'm sort of scared to try them.

Thanks!

I agree with GrimmGoby and as far as Discus, there water requirements are not likely to match your other fish (soft RO water), they will require a lot of research and although a life is priceless they can also be expensive.

mus - that's exactly why I'm wary of Discus. They are beautiful, but I'm worried I can't really take care of them properly.

As far as cichlids, I have thought about that, but I still have my Gouramis and don't think they can live with the larger cichilds, right?

Rainbow Sharks may be too big. Hmmmm....Mabye I just need to talk hubby into another tank. lol

What about Silver Dollars?

Back
Top Bottom