Stocking list in need of approval

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys, my aquarium experienced an electric surge which killedall of my fish and corals. i know it sucks! anyway now i am going to re-stock and i need your approval on these fish.

i have a 90g with a eheim pro 2 filter and a protein skimer i have been able to "overstock" in the past.

Heres my list

1 Powder Blue Tang
1 Purple Tang
1 Other Kind of Tang
2 True Percula clownfish
1 Flame Hawk
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Court Jester Goby
1 Royal Gamma
1 Dwarf Angel (not sure which kind yet)

total of 10 fish

comments are apreciated

I think 3 tangs in a 90g is too many. Not to mention there might be some aggression amongst the tangs, they usually don't get along well with eachother. Other than that it looks good to me. I would get the other fish on the list, but only 1 tang that would cut it down to 8 fish.

revised

1 Powder Blue Tang
1 Purple Tang
2 True Percula clownfish
1 Flame Hawk
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Court Jester Goby
1 Royal Gamma
1 Copperband Butterfly

You could have problems with the powder and the purple. Both can be very aggressive at times depending on the situation. I think that you should go with one of the tangs and scratch one. Are you doing a REEF or FO?

Sorry about your loss.

im doing a reef tank. before the incident i had a yellow and a hippo tang they didnt fight at all. what tangs do you recomend

I know the powder blue`s are pretty but let me warn you they are " ick magnets". I dont believe any two of those mentioned will get along. I believe a yellow and Kole tang would do fine in that size. Did you take care of the electric surge problem so it dont happen again.

Back
Top Bottom