Stocking List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nolan99

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 34 gallon reef tank. 27 of the gallons is display tank. I was wondering if the list I have here is too much or I will be able to get away with it.
-2 Ocellaris Clownfish
-1 Banggaii Cardinal Fish
-1 Yellow Watchman Goby
-1 Sixline Wrasse
-1 Coral Beauty
I know some say this tank is too small for a Coral Beauty and that they will eat corals, but I have talked to lots of people at my LFS who have said that it would be no problem. All help is appreciated!

I have a 34 gallon reef tank. 27 of the gallons is display tank. I was wondering if the list I have here is too much or I will be able to get away with it.

-2 Ocellaris Clownfish

-1 Yellow Watchman Goby

-1 Sixline Wrasse

-1 Coral Beauty

I know some say this tank is too small for a Coral Beauty and that they will eat corals, but I have talked to lots of people at my LFS who have said that it would be no problem. All help is appreciated!

Clownfish pair is fine, though add last as they are damselfish.
Cardinal fish are not schooling fish but they do prefer a few of there own
Watchman goby is good
Six lines can be Hannibal. I had one kill a blood shrimp who was twice as big. Seriously avoid if you want a community tank. In taking mine back when I upgrade an getting a trio of cardinals
Avoid the coral beauty LFS is trying to make money. These fish need swimming room an territory for their self or they can get aggressive

-2 Ocellaris Clownfish
-1 Yellow Watchman Goby
-1 Sixline Wrasse
-1 Coral Beauty

Maybe a possum Wrasse instead of the six line? Or maybe a royal gramma?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Maybe a possum Wrasse instead of the six line? Or maybe a royal gramma?

If I put the possum wrasse in for the six line would u say that is good? Do I need to get rid of anything else? What's ur opinion on the coral beauty?

I have best luck with "pygmy/cherub" dwarf angels in my reefs.
I have had coral beauty,flame,lemonpeel,bicolor,yellow and half black as far as dwarfs go.
Almost if not all picked at some coral at some point.
Still have the cherub/pygmy in my 75.
It seems to be the right size and temperament for a real reef tank?

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Pygmy (Cherub) Angelfish

Agreed. I have a cherub also and have never had any problems. A pygmy would be much better than than a dwarf angel for that tank size.

I have best luck with "pygmy/cherub" dwarf angels in my reefs.
I have had coral beauty,flame,lemonpeel,bicolor,yellow and half black as far as dwarfs go.
Almost if not all picked at some coral at some point.
Still have the cherub/pygmy in my 75.
It seems to be the right size and temperament for a real reef tank?

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Pygmy (Cherub) Angelfish

If I replaced the six line with the other wrasse and instead of the coral beauty added a Pygmy angel would this be a good stock list?

34g is to small for any type dwarf angel
bangii cardinals do better in small schools 3 or more and wouldn't fair well in a tank that size
in a 34g you are limited on the amount of stock you can have in that tank , you need to figure in the amount of rock you have and how much open space you have , I estimate 4 maybe 5 but that's stretching it , Choose wisely as it will be your stock , always research the the fish on tank size and also how big each fish gets , try to stick with nano size fish this could help add that small amount of wiggle room to fit another fish

Just thought I'd drop it in that my six line has never even looked at either of my 2 skunk cleaner shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom