Stocking my 46 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pjacques

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,
I am looking to restock my 46 gallon tank. Currently I have a bristlenose pleco and a Chinese algae eater. While I know what everyone is going to say about the algae eater, know that until my tank crashed and lost all of them, I had red tailed platys in my tank with the pleco and algae eater, approximately 20 of them and the algae eater never showed any aggression towards them that I saw and did not lose any platys mysteriously for the last 5 years.
As for the tank itself, I am about to re landscape using pfs and adding live plants. Here is the list of plants I am thinking about:
· Java Moss (plant on rock slab)

· Water Wisteria (background )

· Dwarf Hygrophila (Hygrophila polysperma)

· Java fern ( attached to driftwood)

· Anacharis (maybe) (small plant to be by itself)
The tank also has driftwood.

I would love some suggestions for fish. I am thinking a centerpiece fish like an angel or betta and schooling fish for the rest.

Harlequin rasboras and a pair of pearl gouramis would look nice.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I kept a group of 5 pearl gouramis (1M4F) in a 45. They'd still be in there had I not sold the tank. They were a great collective centerpiece.

Cherry barbs would look nice with them. Add some Corys and maybe some orange flame tetras and you'd have a very colorful tank with fish in all levels of the tank.

Cherry barbs are cool. Glow light tetras are nice too.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I had a school of 9 glowlight tetras and they were too nippy to keep kept in the 45 with the gouramis. My experience is apparently atypical though.

Back
Top Bottom