stocking my biocube 29!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evo8

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so now that my biocube cycle is in full swing i'm beginning to plan my stocking list!

so far i i have on my list

Oc Clowns (pair)
firefish
Bicolor Dottybacks
yellow clown gobys
purple fire fish
sailfin blenny
6 line wrasses

BEFORE YOU HAVE A HEART ATTACK READ HERE: These are just possible candidates for my tank not all are going in obviously. LOL i bet i scared some of you!

OK so im thinking of a few different combinations. and any suggested combos are appreciated..Clowns are a MUST though.

2 clowns
2 fire fish (one purple)
1 bi color dotty back
1 sailfin
1 six line

or

2 clowns
2 fire fish
2 six lines and one sail fin

what do you guys think of them?

At some point Corals will be going in.

Ok so now that my biocube cycle is in full swing i'm beginning to plan my stocking list!

so far i i have on my list

Oc Clowns (pair)
firefish
Bicolor Dottybacks
yellow clown gobys
purple fire fish
sailfin blenny
6 line wrasses

BEFORE YOU HAVE A HEART ATTACK READ HERE: These are just possible candidates for my tank not all are going in obviously. LOL i bet i scared some of you!

OK so im thinking of a few different combinations. and any suggested combos are appreciated..Clowns are a MUST though.

2 clowns
2 fire fish (one purple)
1 bi color dotty back
1 sailfin
1 six line

or

2 clowns
2 fire fish
2 six lines and one sail fin

what do you guys think of them?

At some point Corals will be going in.

The first list I would cut out two fish, 7 is a lot of bioload for a 29. The second one I would cut out a six line, they will fight. I'd also cut out another fish and just do 4 or 5 fish total. Make sure to add the six line an dottyback last f you decide on them. May want to drop the firefish if you do the dottyback, firefish are shy as heck and would probably get abused.

I'd also vote to not add the dottyback. I had one in my 29 cube and it had to be moved to my big tank cause of how aggressive he was. I like the firefish though, and since youll have a hood it cant jump. :)

Ok so. This is what i have.

2 clowns
1sailfin algae blenny
1 six line wrasse
1 royal gramma basslet? Is this guy a suitible alternative to the dotty back?

Also could I throw in a few chromis with the mix?

Ok so. This is what i have.

2 clowns
1sailfin algae blenny
1 six line wrasse
1 royal gramma basslet? Is this guy a suitible alternative to the dotty back?

Also could I throw in a few chromis with the mix?

The clowns, six line and royal gramma should. The blenny may but supplement it with algae sheets. Also feed a variety of flakes, pellets and frozen. I like new life spectrum foods. I'd ask your lfs what they are all eating and at least see the blenny eat. I wouldn't do the chromis, te 5 you listed should be a good bioload.

The clowns, six line and royal gramma should. The blenny may but supplement it with algae sheets. Also feed a variety of flakes, pellets and frozen. I like new life spectrum foods. I'd ask your lfs what they are all eating and at least see the blenny eat. I wouldn't do the chromis, te 5 you listed should be a good bioload.

sounds good!(y) im at least a 2 weeks out from fish! so ill do my research on the blenny..i wish i could get a dwarf lion! lol thats why i like him his coloration reminds me of the lions!

Haha dwarf lions are awesome! You could do one but that would be about it for fish and you couldn't have shrimp or crabs.

traded a EcoExotic LED strip last night for a pair of clowns! There in my 8 G Waiting for my biocube! Which i believe is cycled( what a surprise it's only been a week) taking my water to my LFS soon to double check the test results

Attachments

• 2013-10-22 00.00.00.jpg
    2013-10-22 00.00.00.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom