Stocking Nano tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds kinda small to me for any angel... even a pigmy.... let others chime in though.... I would think something along the lines of the dwarf gobies would be better sized....

Yes,

I checked and you are correct. I had no idea it was semi aggressive also. :roll: , Dang now I have to re think my idea, got a 2.5 gal nano with some lr rubble, a couple of small chunck of lr with plenty of coraline on it, 3 snails, 1 hermit, and nothing else. What might I place in it now?

I would again recommend some of the dwarf gobies... check liveaquaria.com they have a few on their site you can pick from and then look at the LFS.... reef safe too...

Considering where they come from I would make a decision and buy it tomorrow. Once they are out of stock it might be a while before you can find them again.

Considering where they come from I would make a decision and buy it tomorrow. Once they are out of stock it might be a while before you can find them again.

This is true.

2.5 gal. may be a bit small for any fish. Might just want to stick with inverts. I like the idea of the citron clown goby, that is going to be the next addition to my nano. Have you looked at a yellow watchman goby/pistol shrimp pair? They burrow under rocks and do not require a lot of swimming space. Might be a good choice for a 2.5. I can't wait to see pics! Nanos are so cool...Lando

I too have been getting a list together for a nano tank. I have been debating tank size and some of these comments have helped

thanks much and good luck with finding a fitting tankmate

I also like the suggestion of the yellow and clown gobies. Most of the earlier fish I saw suggested seem much too big for a 2.5 gallon.

If I may suggest an invert...sexy shrimps are very cute and VERY small. You could keep a couple of them.

A 2.5 gallon tank demands to be looked at very closely. I would suggest that the best viewing distance for a 2.5 gallon would be with your nose up against it. Once your that close, the smaller the life the better.

One single rock from LR.com would make a most interesting 2.5 without adding a single fish.

Back
Top Bottom