Stocking of my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHead707

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Having some nitrate issues with my tank, seems they are climbing very fast. here is my stocking am i overstocked? i didnt think i was but maybe its denial or something :facepalm:.

20 gallon long
aqueon 10 and aquaclear 50

tank is planted but not heavily.

2 gbrs
5 zebra danios
2 white clouds
4 platies
1 bristlenose
5 cories(i think)

i usually do 2 25% water changes a week but it wasnt keeping the nitrates down enough plus i left last weekend so my full test of how fast they climb is not complete. I will be testing the next few days to see how fast they climb.

I think you are overstocked. There would be aggression issues if those rams (considering they're a pair) every breed.

Yeah, I think it's a little overstocked. I've seen much worse though. I would take out the platys personally.

the male gbr chases the female... i dont really know what breeding behavior is for them but havent seen any eggs, they've been together for 2 months or so.

i have some options for the fish but i need to decide which to get rid of :/

gbrs are staying for sure, as well as the bristlenose. i like the platies because i raised one from birth and the others my dad picked out for me haha. so i guess that leaves the danios or the cories hmmm.

Back
Top Bottom