Stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pnut52

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok to start off I have a 180 gallon reef tank with about 220 live sand and 200 live rock. Tank stock right now is a pair of clowns, blue hippo tang, sail fin tang, two peppermint shrimp and a coral banded shrimp also two sand sifting star fish. How much more stock if any can go in this tank?

That isn't easy to answer as it depends some what on the type and efficiency of your filter. I think in inches of fish per gallons of water. It at first glance seem you have some room left, especially for smaller fish.

Right now as far as filtration I have the pro clear sump I can't quite call the size right now it's the largest one they make. Set up with bio balls 1250 return pump with 3 1400 power heads trying to keep everything in motion also pro clear protein skimmer

Sounds like you are setup okay. Everyone has their own style, some like a few big fish, while I prefer to have dozens of smaller fish for more variety. Regardless, I would think you could support several new fish of the right species.

Well that's kind of what I want to do is a few smaller fish something that's going to be really active with some different colors

Just have to feed them twice a day but they are beautiful fish

Back
Top Bottom