Stocking Suggestions (New Pic 12/03/06)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drobertson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is my 10 gal that I converted 3 weeks ago. It has 2 Panda Cory's that are goning to stay in it. I would like a little color to go in here, maybe 3 to 6 fish, any suggestions?
img_738015_0_a8473ed5436f0aec401fc3db9262552d.jpg

img_738015_1_1e78c28a047cf11a232adf2ea9c01ae5.jpg

Thanks for any Help

Nice looking tank! I would add 3 more corys as they like numbers. I would go with hmmm... 6-8 Cardinal Tetras as they would show up nice.As a centerpiece fish I would go with a male Powder Blue Gouramis or a Betta not both you will have problems... Oh and you can't forgot some Mystery Snails... They come in a variety of colours from gold to purple, are safe for planted tanks and their numbers are easily controlled... Then again their are other options out their!
HTH

No not really the Cardinals are small and so are the Pands maybe only 2 more Pandas... As long is their is good filtration you will be fine and the tank is also heavily planted. I think your good but other may disagree.

What a nice looking tank! I love those larger rocks on the right.

If it were me, I would get a couple more pandas. As for the other fish, I have a beautiful calico platy that I used to keep in a ten gallon although it seems that most people on here don't like platies. I've also enjoyed keeping a male betta in a 10 gallon. Of course, it can be tricky finding a betta who doesn't mind having tankmates...

Have you thought about a dwarf gourami? Or, what about a few female bettas?

i think the above suggestion is too much, personally - the tank will be quite crowded. definitely add more cories, and i think a school of small tetras would be great, but not the centrepiece fish as well. looking at your tank, i think a school would look nicer than a centrepiece fish, imo.

I would say 2 more cories, 2 otos, and for color, add 6 neons. Neons have very little bioload. And if you want a centerpiece fish, a single dwarf fire red gourami.

Lonewolfblue said:
I would say 2 more cories, 2 otos, and for color, add 6 neons. Neons have very little bioload. And if you want a centerpiece fish, a single dwarf fire red gourami.

What about if I went with 3 more cories, would a pair of the dwarf fire red gourami be ok?

zenkatydid said:
i think the above suggestion is too much, personally - the tank will be quite crowded. definitely add more cories, and i think a school of small tetras would be great, but not the centrepiece fish as well. looking at your tank, i think a school would look nicer than a centrepiece fish, imo.

I agree. I'd go with one more panda cory (for a trio, which is a good enough group size for cories and esp. with tanksize in mind), and 6 neons, and I'd leave it at that.
I wouldn't go with a gourami (and def. not two). Others have different views probably, and it's your tank so go with what your heart tells you would make a nice happy home for any inhabitants :)

6-10 glow light tetra with 2-4 being albino if you can find them. I don't think they get too big but I could be wrong. As for the cories, with so many plants they are going to feel happy regardless of how many. When my tanks were open, they schooled together but with lots of plants and caves they just sit and do nothing rarely schooling together even when there are 4-5 of them. That's my experience with them anyway.

Congrats on an incredible looking tank, wow, it is impressive. I'm going to throw my two cents in as well and suggest neon tetra's. A school of those will love your tank and will look great darting around!

I would like to thank everyone for the suggestions, I think I am going to keep the stocking simple like most of you have suggested. I plan on adding 2 more cories and 6 neon.

Thanks Again

Here is a picture of a couple of my new guest's. This tank now has 6 neon and 3 panda cory's.
Hopefully that will not be to much for this tank. Please give me an honest opinion of the photo, and be brutal if you must, I can take it.LOL

Again Thanks for all the help this forum has given me,

img_741520_0_b12e2bb29050bd91cbd5e87a9e14dcfb.jpg

All your photos are great! Spectacular tank! Give us a full tank shot with all the new guys in there. That neon in the photo needs to be fattened up a little, but I'm sure that'll come in no time. :)

Great photo! Neons are very hard to take pictures of, so if you got one to pose like that you must be doing something right ;-) :)

coldmachineUK said:
Neons are very hard to take pictures of

i've not known any small fish that is easy to take a photo of. i always end up with just the back end or a really blurred picture.

What a face... you can really appreciate the cuteness of their faces with a shot like that. (Look at those little lips!!!) Just adorable. Nice models too! They work well together - one gives you the front shot, the other, a side shot.

That tank still gets me every time.

Good looking tank indeed. I can't believe you got a clear shot that close of a neon... very nice.

Back
Top Bottom