Stocking suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I do really like the gouramis!!! If I get a golden or snake skin would he mess with the ctenopoma?

He may, Gouramis vary widely on individual tolerance of tank mates. You'd definitely have to watch them but I can't say with any certainty yes or no.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He may, Gouramis vary widely on individual tolerance of tank mates. You'd definitely have to watch them but I can't say with any certainty yes or no.

Ok now what gourami would u recommended for my tank?

Hi guys! After further research I've decided on schooling fish. Would a school of buenos aires tetras work with my stock?

Based on the nitrate issues in your other thread? Maybe hold off on adding anything until we figure it out.. high nitrates is usually directly correlated to over stocking..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Based on the nitrate issues in your other thread? Maybe hold off on adding anything until we figure it out.. high nitrates is usually directly correlated to over stocking..

It can't be over stocking though? You, bichir bro, and other agree I'm not really overstocked? What else can cause high nitrates? I'll be doing 50% water change every 2 day for about a week now to see if that helps

It can't be over stocking though? You, bichir bro, and other agree I'm not really overstocked? What else can cause high nitrates? I'll be doing 50% water change every 2 day for about a week now to see if that helps
Doesn't seem like you're over stocked, than again the pleco and Bichir could be poopooing your water all up? High nitrates are primarily caused by over stocking, dirty filters and poor tank maintenance. .dirty substrate too..

Doesn't seem like you're over stocked, than again the pleco and Bichir could be poopooing your water all up? High nitrates are primarily caused by over stocking, dirty filters and poor tank maintenance. .dirty substrate too..

You know me brook I hate when everything is dirty!!! ESPECIALLY The gravel so if I can't get it with the siphon I go with my extra fish net And scoop it up manually. Filters are clean I take them out every month and wash the entire thing. Glass has little to none algae on it

Hate to say I told you so, but......

Refer back to post #3 and #13 of this thread. Your tank is too small for the fish you already got

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This thread still going on?!
My god just choose different fish if you're having so many freaking problems..

This thread still going on?!
My god just choose different fish if you're having so many freaking problems..

+1... just get a nice school of red belly piranhas. PROBLEM SOLVED

+1... just get a nice school of red belly piranhas. PROBLEM SOLVED

There you go, OP.
In 2 posts we've managed to solve your problem.

Now stop making my phone vibrate every 5 sodding minutes.

Ok brain trust.. what's the long game here.. you've made it abundantly clear you're right..help him fix it now instead of gloat like a couple parrots with crackers. .

Ok brain trust.. what's the long game here.. you've made it abundantly clear you're right..help him fix it now instead of gloat like a couple parrots with crackers. .

Hate to say it but just got a school of 10 red minor tetras for free !!! They have great color

Back
Top Bottom