Stocking- tiger barbs and cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkdubs2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
If I have 4 cichlids that are smaller than the 5 tiger barbs I have would they be ok to mix with eachother?

There just mixed mbuni cichlids or however u spell it lol about 1/2 inch long and the tiger barbs would be the only other residents.

There just mixed mbuni cichlids or however u spell it lol about 1/2 inch long and the tiger barbs would be the only other residents.

You never mentioned what size tank but either way I wouldn't mix mbuna and tiger barbs together, they have extremely different levels of aggression and behavior. They each have certain stocking requirements to reduce their own aggression towards each other.

Yeah the cichlids would tear them apart their isn't much that you can mix with africans and expect them to live. Even if they can cohabitate it's usually not a good idea. What size tank do you have?

Well I was goin to use a 55 gallon I got set up 3 weeks ago. But the consensus seems to be a no on the mix lol I guess I'll just sell the cichlids to my sister cuz she already has a few. Thanks guys. I'm learning quite a bit from this site.

Back
Top Bottom