Stores/Maintenance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarist1234

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have two questions,
1.Does anyone know about any aquarium stores in/near Frisco that sell high-quality fish?

2.Does anyone know about any good and free aquarium maintenance programs / iPhone apps?

I dont know if they're HIGH quality but i like going to concord aquarium. I've bought most of my fish from them and all but a few (mainly rams. but my tank doesnt have good enough parameters for them anyway) have survived. there is another fish store about 3 mins from concord aquarium called all about fish. they have more salt water than freshwater fish and i haven't bought from them yet but you could probably look up reviews.

The Concord Petsmart isn't too bad either. New fish on Fridays. It was better when I worked there.

Join a club. Why pay retail ??

SFAS is great.
SVAS
SFBAAPS

All good clubs.

Aquarist1234 said:
I have two questions,
1.Does anyone know about any aquarium stores in/near Frisco that sell high-quality fish?

2.Does anyone know about any good and free aquarium maintenance programs / iPhone apps?

Btw. Why 2 posts with same question ????
One thread is better. Less clutter.

I answered about stores on your other thread.

The Concord Petsmart isn't too bad either. New fish on Fridays. It was better when I worked there.

Join a club. Why pay retail ??

SFAS is great.
SVAS
SFBAAPS

All good clubs.

there are fish clubs??? Whats the benefit of joining one? and how do you join? is there a website to go on? That would be awesome!

reesies_87 said:
there are fish clubs??? Whats the benefit of joining one? and how do you join? is there a website to go on? That would be awesome!

They all have websites.
SFAS and SVAS are free to attend meetings, but $20 a year to be a member and get full benefits.

SFBAAPS. Free membership, we accept donations. I'm a 2012 Supporting Member.

SFAS San Francisco Aquarium Society
SVAS Silicon Valley Aquarium Society ( South Bay )
SFBAAPS San Francisco Bay Area Aquatic Plant Society. Our site looks boring. Our club is VERY active, but forums are only viewable by members.

I'll be joining the other two clubs this year.

Benefits ???
My club does a plant swap at every Meet. Most of my plants were free from other members.
We did a group buy on fish ;) great information.
Tom Barr is a member.

The fish clubs have Auctions. I got 4 Neons for $3. I see super cheap tanks and supplies.

LFSs give us discounts.

My club members are awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom