strange cory behaviour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi i have my betta in a 16gallon tank, few weeks ago i had to move my 3 albino cories in with him as they were eating all my elephant nose food. A few times i have caught them eating my bettas fins? It started during when they were spawning. My paras are ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 5. Anybody got any ideas to what is happening? I'm totally confused here.

Corys being mainly scavengers will snack on anything that is in front of there nose, including a Betta's fin if it happens to be lying in the substrate.

Corys being mainly scavengers will snack on anything that is in front of there nose, including a Betta's fin if it happens to be lying in the substrate.

The first time my betta was up at the glass and my male cory started chewing on his tail, then came back for more! But yeah I know they're scavengers they eat anything. Just keep a close eye on him as his fins are terrible. Thanks

not to sound dumb. but are you increasing the cory food with higher protein? all that spawning is hardwork. they need more food

not to sound dumb. but are you increasing the cory food with higher protein? all that spawning is hardwork. they need more food

Yep i have i even give food during the spawning. They're food varies from pellets, wafers, live bait and frozen so they're well fed lol but you definitely don't sound dumb its a good question :)

ugh, sorry for odd wording my keyboard is broken so i have to type with on screen keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom