Strange White Bumps but it's NOT Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oshc1971

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I'm so glad I found this wonderful forum and I am hoping that someone can help me diagnosis a problem. About a month ago my Angel came down with what I thought was Ich. She had 3 white raised spots on her side but the spots were too big to be Ich. She was not acting sick in any way. I treated the tank with Coppersafe but it did not help make the spots go away so I did a complete water change on the tank over the course of a few days to get the Coppersafe out of the aquarium. After about 3 weeks the spots went away on their own and I thought nothing more about it until one of my Platys came down with the same type of spots. This time I tried the heat/salt method and it has not helped and today I noticed that one of my red Platys now has a spot on it’s side. Just as with my Angel, the affected fish are not acting sick in anyway. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? The spots are a white/cream color and are slightly raised, almost like fish pox but I always thought that fish pox was a koi/goldfish disease. They are NOT fuzzy like a fungus would be and honestly do not seem to be bothering the fish. I’m stumped and no amount of searching on the internet has found an answer. Any ideas? My tank is a 55 gallon tank planted with live plants. I have about 20 fish, 1 large Angel and the rest are assorted community fish such as Platys, neons, swords ect. I also have 2 African frogs. No new fish have been introduced in the past 2 months so I am wondering if what is going on might have come in on a live plant?

Attachments

• fish 1.jpg
    fish 1.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 108
  • fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 99
  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom