Strange white dots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swiftler

Aquarium Advice Activist
Was looking around the tank and saw these two circular dots on my filter intake. Starting looking around more and found one on my skimmer and all of these on my powerhead. Any ideas?

image-465963835.jpg

That is coral line , that is good for your tank !! Means your tank is maturing

Looks more like snail eggs, coraline typical doesn't grow in a mound like that it is usually a very thin flat spot that grows over time.

I was afraid it was snail eggs. I know its not coraline algae, I have plenty of that and know how it grows. I just added a new batch on Thursday to help with clean up. Looks like I'm gonna get more than I wanted.

Snail eggs are notorious for not doing anything in the aquarium. My tank is covered with them and yet nothing ever comes of it. Fish will usually eat them up if they get the chance.

I get those oval looking dots and they turn green then purple in my tank. :)

I still vote coralline beginning..... :-D

Here's a picture of them in my tank, you can see how the other dots have matured to purple and the white ones everywhere....lol

img_1969379_0_c85193af140f02cfa6c09d6b3eb4b728.jpg

maybe I'm wrong.... I'm okay with coralline though, the more the merrier. I'll keep this open and updated on whether or not it turns colors or disappears.

I saw my snail depositing these all over. In less than a week they were gone.

Attachments

• image-2111207120.jpg
    image-2111207120.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 106
My money's on snail eggs!! :). Mine don't do anything but eventually look like a hollow ring, then fall off.

Looks like snail eggs. I had that then they went away now I have baby snails all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom