Striped Raphael with white "wound"??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CicGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my Raphael is about 5 inches now and it has some kinda wound on its side that I want to think is due to him rubbing against some of the ornaments in the tank. It looks like he chafed himself squeezing in between a ornament and the glass. Its a 20 gallon with plenty of decor and plants and he's with 5 tetras, rainbow shark, betta, rainbowfish, and a featherfin with no problems. Any suggestions?? :(

Part of the problem is your tank is very overstocked. You will need a 75 gallon minimum for those to live together. Also, none of them are compatible. You will definitely have territorial issues and aggression.

As for the injury, if it is white and fuzzy, it is infected and requires an antibiotic. Do you have a thought as to what he injured himself on? Is there a decoration that he could have gotten stuck in?

Yeh it's a lantern he likes sleeping in. That's what I think he hurt himself on. Can I move my Raphael to my African tank?

Back
Top Bottom