Stuck to my zoa rock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mastertrcky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Noticed this a few minutes ago. Not sure if it's been there the whole time or not. But it doesn't look good. What is it? Anyone know of its going to swallow my colony? If so what do I do to get rid of it?

image-4009306268.jpg

image-1888275535.jpg

I dunno I googled rock nems and they don't look anything like this.... This has more of a convex shape. It kind of looks like a black sponge with tentacles... And yes they are stuck to the zoas..

Are there different types of rock nems other than the really colorful ones? Cause this thing almost looks like a sponge with tentacles allover its body? Im just wondering if i should be concerned about this thing cause its right in my zoa colony...

I would grab it and sump it till it's identified, better safe than sorry and if it turns up harmless you can always put it back, but seeing all your zoas closed up leads me to believe they don't like it

I would grab it and sump it till it's identified, better safe than sorry and if it turns up harmless you can always put it back, but seeing all your zoas closed up leads me to believe they don't like it

Well i took then right when the light popped on in the morning.. i thought it was normal for them to close up at night?

Back
Top Bottom