Stuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lippers1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am a beginner, and I have a tropical fish tank, my water was a yellow/green colour. So I was changing 20% of my 120l fish tank. But I was told I had amonnia in it, so I changed 50% of my water and put in tap safe because of using tap water plus the water here is high in ph, now my fish started with a silver look to them and now some of them have white patches on them, the only fish that have unfortunately died are my guppys, manly the females. Does anyone know what I should do my water temp is 78 Thanks lynne

I am a beginner, and I have a tropical fish tank, my water was a yellow/green colour. So I was changing 20% of my 120l fish tank. But I was told I had amonnia in it, so I changed 50% of my water and put in tap safe because of using tap water plus the water here is high in ph, now my fish started with a silver look to them and now some of them have white patches on them, the only fish that have unfortunately died are my guppys, manly the females. Does anyone know what I should do my water temp is 78 Thanks lynne

:welcome: to AA
Have you cycled the tank?
How long have you had it?
Do you have an API liquid test kit?
Can you take a pic of the sick fish and upload it?
The first thing i would do is start raising the temp (slowly) up to 86 degrees

Back
Top Bottom