Stupid Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaGal

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got a dwarf gourami and three corys. I've been researching these fish for hours. I really can't find a whole lot on food for the corys. I have algae wafers and bloodworms. Is there any advice I can get as to feeding my corys? And does anyone know why one of them likes to go up and gulp air and jump while the others don't seem to care a whole lot? The jumper would be Spazzo, and he's a little odd. He makes funny noises at the top.

Your Corydoras

I just got a dwarf gourami and three corys. I've been researching these fish for hours. I really can't find a whole lot on food for the corys. I have algae wafers and bloodworms. Is there any advice I can get as to feeding my corys? And does anyone know why one of them likes to go up and gulp air and jump while the others don't seem to care a whole lot? The jumper would be Spazzo, and he's a little odd. He makes funny noises at the top.

Hello Betta...

I feed a variety of frozen foods to my Corys. I feed brine and mysis shrimp, bloodworms, krill, plankton, and a couple of kinds of pellets and wafers. Fish are like people, they do best with a variety of foods. Corys love to forage around the tank. They're always looking for leftovers.

I don't feed very much. I feed a couple of times a week and just what will be eaten in a minute or two. Fish don't need much food. They don't get it in their natural living places, so we shouldn't overfeed. Overfeeding causes algae problems and unhealthy fish.

Corys actually digest oxygen, so they zoom to the top for a gulp and they're fine for a while. Other species are a little less active. They'll do the same thing for breathing, just aren't as enthusiastic.

Great community fish, very peaceful.

B

I feed mine Hikari sinking wafers with a mix of algae wafers, they seem to enjoy both and are doing quite well.

Dracula seems to love the algae wafer I threw in this morning before my appointment, but the others don't seem to care about it. The snail is all over it now, and Energizer (the snail) and Dracula keep going at it. Spazzo and Lurch are after the walls. Torch enjoyed the bloodworms I got, but I'll most likely be going to Walmart later on, which is why I asked. I'll look into some sinking pellets and freeze-dried shrimp. I'm sure Torch would love the shrimp also.

I'll definitely have to look into sinking pellets or wafers, since only one cory seems to like the algae wafer. Dracula keeps nibbling on it and then letting Energizer at it. He gets a few nibbles and then goes to play, then gets a few nibbles and so on. Spazzo and Lurch don't care about it.

Back
Top Bottom