styrofoam backgound!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FFreshi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have been thinking about doing a Styrofoam 3D background.. but here is the tricky part i want to do it for salt water anyone tried or seen it done???

I don't see why it couldn't be done imo there are a ton of DIY live rock types of things on Google and some are very interesting. Do a Google search and do a ton of research, because i know when trying to cure diy live rock it will take a long time

I have seen 3D backgrounds on saltwater tanks but they were built using the spray foam covered in concrete. I have done this myself with a freshwater tank with no problems

I have seen so many video clips on DIY 3D backgrounds and i am intrigued. I'm afraid of chemicals slowly contaminating my tank; no one really seems to mention compatibility or toxicity of materials. There are some great ideas out there, maybe ill choose one when i get enough data.

o0osevenso0o said:
I have seen so many video clips on DIY 3D backgrounds and i am intrigued. I'm afraid of chemicals slowly contaminating my tank; no one really seems to mention compatibility or toxicity of materials. There are some great ideas out there, maybe ill choose one when i get enough data.

I've had mine for a little over a year with no problems

Back
Top Bottom