Suggesting on LED Lighting for a 125 future reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian B

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys I am currently cycling my 125 and am looking to upgrade my lighting. I am thinking about getting 2 AI SOLs. Im not going to get too crazy with it as this is my first saltwater tank and I dont have too much to $ spend on lighting, I was thinking around $800 thats why the 2 AI Sols sound nice. Is there any other LED lighting that would be better fit for my tank and my budget? my tank is 125 gallon 72X18X20. I know some will say I need 3 or 4 of those but $800 is all I can afford. I want to have some nice fish and coral. Thanks

Brian

I have 3 AI Sol's over my 72", I feel one more (4) is probably more adequate, 6 is probably ideal. But I have anenomes, SPS and LPS. If you are doing soft coral or no coral to start, 2 would be enough to light it. The middle and edges will definitely be darker. The price might drop again on them as they are coming out with a different model. You can always add more Sol's later.

I dont know if this is a stupid question or not but on the AI's can you turn them sideways possibly to cover more space?

Back
Top Bottom