Suggestions for 30g Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sonomakid

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, so i have talked the wife into letting me setup our spare 30g in our bedroom, would like to do a community tank but know nothing about commuinty fish.

small rainbows. problem solved. lol colorful active neat personalities. you could get away with a couple apistos too.

what about cherry barbs ?

Like I just told someone else on here.....Cherry barbs and/or (hopefully and) Gold barbs. They have their own awesome personalities that are so cool.

If you get cherries then make sure to get a female to male ratio of 2-1 or else the males will harass the females. Males are the really red (cherry) ones and females are the lighter red color.

ok so change of plans the community tank is now gonna be a 55, ok i want a good mixture of fish, what else would go good with cherry barbs or golden barbs ?

I have black skirts which are pretty cool to watch when you have a nice school. White skirts are feisty (not aggressive) and like to "dance with the black skirts"

I have also had neons with them but they dont really provide for a huge bit of entertainment besides their color.

Ive had serape tetras which are pretty cool, but im my experiance not as hardy as the others mentioned.

Zebra Danios are crazy little guys that i call the water dancers when you have them in a nice little school.

You could go platys or mollys if you want to see lots of babies

what about mollies, my wife wants to get dalmation mollies due to the fact we have a dalmation ? could i put those with cherry barbs or some type of rainbow fish

Back
Top Bottom