suggestions for dwarf angel or small butterfly for 45g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

srgetz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking for a recommended dwarf angel or butterfly that would do well in a 45g fowl. I have my QT tank setup and ready. The tank is 6mo old with 50lb lr, aquac skimmer, a cleanup crew and only 2 small percs so far. Thanks for any suggestions...

Personally I have a lemonpeel. Nice fish, the smaller the better, can be aggressive at times. Get your angel last...Not the first fish in the tank or even the third. Flame angels are awesome. The smaller the better and shop around for a healthy specimen with lot of blue/indigo. The live rock is like a playground to them, love to swim through holes in rock.

I've got a mostly purple coral beauty, looks great under actinic and has been friendly to everything else so far. Kind of a wuss really, he's gotten nipped on by a mollie that is now gone.

your best bet is going to be with one of the dwarf angels. I would try a flame, coral beauty, lemonpeel, Eibl's, or koran. I never recommend butterflies to people as they are hard to aclimate and are picky eaters. Most of the dwarf angels are very hardy and easy to keep.

the flame angle is another dwarf angle that would look great like the lemonpeal and r very active. As for the butterflies their arnt that many that thrive in samll tanks so it may take some research or tnk up grade for one of those gook luck with what ever u do

I just added a Coral Beauty to my tank. I almost got her eating from my hand now. Maybe a couple more days to a week and she'll be doing it. My 2 Clowns eat from my hand now.

Coral Beauty is a very docile fish from what I am seeing. Gentle and very pretty fish to look at.

Mike

I think lemonpeels are a little iffier in a reef than some other dwarfs. That's just from reading tho', never had one myself.

Back
Top Bottom