Opinion on 60G stcking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amaninahat75

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So after a few setbacks the 60G is officially cycling! Nows the time to lock down a stocking list. I've decided against the cichlid tank for now, maybe when I get a 150+ gallon.

Equipment:
60 G tank
Marineland C360 canister filter (another one has been ordered)

Some rocks, a peice of driftwood, and a bunch of fake plants. I'll probably rescape it with live plants in the next year or so, after my other tanks are done.

So I have three tanks right now and a couple different stocking options, any suggestions are more than welcome.

Option one:
60G
2 Angelfish
7 Khuli loaches
A butterfly pleco
10 amano shrimp
2 dwarf gourami
8 harlequin rasboras

This one seems to be pushing the stock level. I may cut the shrimp.

10G
Make it a planted nano fish aquarium.
I'm thinking some scarlet badis, Asian stone catfish, a nice little school to fill out the middle and upper water column with a snail and shrimp as a clean up crew.

Suggestions for the stock welcome

5G current tank, about a year old
1 male betta
1 gold mystery snail
3 ghost shrimp

Option 2:
60G
Make this the nano fish tank.

10G
Planted
1 male betta
1 gold mystery snail
6 shrimp

5G
I would use this for some invertebrates and a small school of Phoenix rasboras or clown killies.

I'm having a hard time picking between the two and the 10 gallon probably wont be ready to be stocked for another few months.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

In my thoughts it would be one Angelfish because they will frequently fight if they aren't paired, then they will fight off other fish if they ARE paired because they will be making attempts for babies. Always seem to be causing disruption.

Option 1

With the nano fish in the 10 you can do a couple groups.

Betta is even better in a larger tank. 10G is good 7G is good. I have one in a 5G and one in a 6.5G and they both seem a little small.

A 20G Long would make a nice little nano fish tank, and right now they are $20 at petco's dollar per gallon sale now!

Shrimp in the 5G

What do you think?

You could create a really fun 60G nano though.
Chili Rasboras
Microdevario Kubotai
Dwarf Cories

Maybe I'm not really helping, right?

On option 1 I'd go with a different Gourami pair. Too many problems with the Dwarf Gourami.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom