suggestions for keep glass on nanocube clean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesR

Aquarium Advice Freak
Those of you with the JBJ nanocube know the rounded corners are cool, but I am finding them a bit tough to keep clean with the magnet cleaner that came with it. I hate to put my hands in the tank if not necessary (not afraid to get wet, just don't like to disturb stuff)

Any suggestions on how to keep the glass nice and clean for great viewing? Perhaps a better magnet cleaner would do the trick. I know a few of you have some great nano pics out there, so you must be doing something right.

TIA,
Jim

good point! I get A LOT of minute little white things (pods i guess) on the glass. the snails can't keep up in my 125. The nano looks to be the same way (will add a few more snails tomorrow). I clean the glass on my tanks, and the next day there are a ton more back on the glass, so i definately need to suppliment their hard work! :D

Thanks scuba_steve!
Jim

the bugs are a good thing and are impossible to keep off the glass imo :) if they are the curly hard circles those are small feather dusters and yea those if they bother you scrape off! but algae the snails will do great on :)
no prob good luck

i would look into turbo snails, they're a little bit bigger but they definatley do an excellent job :)

I just use one of those green kitchen scubbing pads and a little elbow greese. Works great.

You said that you dont like to put your hands in the tank, i dont like to either. So I wear gloves for me and my reefs protection so I don't transfer any unwanted stuff into the tank and vice versa.

I find using an old credit card is a good tool to use since it's flexible and ok to use on acrylic and glass. I prep my credit card by sanding down the edges a little bit to make sure it's smooth just in case.

Back
Top Bottom