suggestions on improving my ten gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bristlenose need wood to chew on. Driftwood is good. Some floating plants will help with neons. I have lots of plants so light doesn't bother my shy fish. Too dim will kill your plants.[/QUOTE

Britslenose plecos don't need driftwood. They will be just fine without it.

I'm just going by Planet Catfish experts.

"It is thought that elements in bogwood, particularly lignin, may form an essential part of Bristlenose diet. Certainly they have the immensely long guts common to vegetarians, and although they fall avidly on the occasional meal of live food or prawns, the bulk of their diet must be composed of vegetable matter. If a high protein diet is fed constantly, then they will become prone to stomach disorders. Vegetable roughage keeps the gut in working order, and bogwood is a valuable addition to this. "
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=49

If anyone's still interested, I found away to fix my lighting problem. I put 20% window tint on the glass part under the light, It's still bright enough, but it doesn't freak my neons as bad. The color temp seems the same but the light is not as intense. Hope it helps the algae problem too. As for the side discussion, my pleco does seem to be really attracted to my driftwood. He sucks on it all the time.

If anyone's still interested, I found away to fix my lighting problem. I put 20% window tint on the glass part under the light, It's still bright enough, but it doesn't freak my neons as bad. The color temp seems the same but the light is not as intense. Hope it helps the algae problem too. As for the side discussion, my pleco does seem to be really attracted to my driftwood. He sucks on it all the time.

All pleco's do, they eat it actually. It helps with their digestion somehow, not sure on exactly how it does but that's what I've read.

I'm just saying, I'd personally take the advice as far as stock. If you do care about your fish, they will be much better off if you rehome/upgrade tank size. For what you say, a ram is fine in a ten. However. Not in a ten with this kind of stock. That post you had made it seem like you buy the fish as more of a decoration and tookk nice.and not a living thing that has needs

Back
Top Bottom