Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Judge92

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I had to remove a guppy and 3 bloodfins. One of my guppies has also just died.

I have
2 mollies(male and female)
1 platy(male)
3 green and gold cories
9 neon tetras
And 2 guppies(male)

Also one of the guppies' tail has a little tear. What can I do to help the healing process

And of course: WHAT NEXT? What goes well with them? What won't grow too big? It's a 29 gallon tank.

I was suggested Angels but don't they grow quite large?

To help the guppy's tail, keep the water clean and let time and nature do their things.

That's a good start to stocking a 29g. I'd look at adding a few more cories. They do better in bigger groups (6+). My pandas became much more bold when I increased the group from three to six.

Angels will get rather large for a 29g. They'll also eat anything they can fit in their mouths. The neons and guppies may become snacks when the angels get larger.

So no angels? I really wish I could get some cause they are such amazing fish. But like I said I thought they grew too large. I'm going to the store today and I think I'll see if they have any more cories. Do they count to the "inch of fish per gallon rule"? Since they clean up the bottom of the tank right?

Any other suggestions for additions?

If you need to know what happened to the guppies and bloodfins just check out the other thread i posted "aggressive bloodfins?" Long story short guppy was mean and killed another guppy and I thought the bloodfins were the problem. As it is, they liked to chase new members of the tank.

Yes, Angels will grow too large for your current setup. A single Angel requires 29 gallon alone, to itself. Also, they can be quite aggressive and will eat your neons and possibly Guppies. I agree, they're really pretty.

Cories are a great choice. You will need a group of at least 4. Yes, they certainly do count. Even though they clean up left over food every now and then, they still create quite a bit of waste. not to mention that they aren't going to super clean your tank, just a bit here and there. They need a really smooth substrate, and sand is perfect. It's nice and soft, plus the food will not seep through the cracks, leaving it accessible to the cories.
Suggestions? Perhaps a few more Platies or Guppies.

Back
Top Bottom