Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chriznat20

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im looking for suggestions to add some fishmates to my tank (see signature).

My tank is freshwater with mostly docile non-aggressive types. I'd really like to add some color and/or some schooling fish. I seem to be stuck in the rut of 'generic tropical fish' like platy's, danios, gouramis, swordtails, etc.

I'd like something that is hardy and easy to care for like the fish I have now, but with some color, maybe some exoticness or something different looking.

Suggestions appreciated!

rasboras are cool little fish, i also like barbs as well. are you looking to get some type of uncommon fish? killifish are cool as well

What kind of gourami and what kind of pleco? A lot of gouramis get grouchy when they mature, so knowing what sort you have helps determine what can go with it. Also, plecos are really messy, so again, knowing what sort matters for what else can go in there with it. :)

I had two gourami and one killed the other. My gourami is very territorial and will attack anything in its "area," even your hand when it's in the tank. I do not know what to do?! I do not suggest them although a lot of people have success with them, just not myself.

Back
Top Bottom