Sump Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Couple of things I can see are:
1. your drain and return should be swapped,skimmer should be first in line.
2.you need a seperate return pump min 6x tank capacity.
3. Baffles are wrong,first baffle should have gap at bottom 2nd at top 3rd at bottom,bubbles rise and this way will eliminate bubles from flowing into return section.

Hope this helps

David

Okay, i redesigned it but, i just saw your posts thanks for the heads up. I'll get back to the drawing boards with some numbers this time. Hows this design, basic right? I was having a problem with the design because I don't have the actual equipment infront of me nor knew much about the plumbing, until i did some more studying today. Thanks again guys.

Looks good, but the last set of baffles on the left aren't really needed. Also, the baffles make that section pretty small and that's where the water level in the sump will drop from evaporation. Do you plan on setting up an ATO to make sure that last section never runs dry?

Make sure the skimmer outlet is in the drain section and your second set of baffles as ccCapt said aren't needed and the baffle order is still wrong.
flow needs to go under the first baffle over the next and under the last.

Back
Top Bottom