Sump pump is pumping to much water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chevypride

Aquarium Advice Freak
120 gallon display tank, 50 gallon sump.

I've had nothing but problems with my plumbing, first it would leak, and then it blew apart on me.. Now I went back to the hardware store and the guy got me to use 1" clear tubing, some connections, a ball valve and clamps. Finally got it to not leak and stay together... But I still have the problem that my pumps pumping waaaay to fast. I have a ball valve on the return and even if I turn it so that it's almost closed, the pump sucks air... I just can't keep the return filled enough. What am I doing wrong? I'm getting so frustrated!

If I put anymore water in my sump the ruge, and bubble traps will be pointless because the water will just sail over them.

Pictures would help. And more info. Built in or hang on back overflow?

I ended up getting it to work! I just had to add more water to my sump (I kind of forgot that there's a lot of water in the lines, and didn't account for that...) but now my intake is gurgling. I have a dursostand pipe.

Maybe I shouldn't be complaining, it's not super loud, and not really annoying... But I'd still like to try and fix it. Would a bigger hole on the durso cap fix it? Or a smaller hole?

Make sure you have enough entering your overflow, then try to balance from there

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey chevy...I have a 125g with corner dursos from marineland...I get gurgling from one durso side holes...is that what you are experiencing? I had the same issue...added more water to sump but then got the gurgle from one side...dont want my woman to hate the new tank because of noise.lol...let me know if you fix it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My tank is DEAD silent. Actually. I didn't account for the water that the pump had to fill the lines with. So I overfilled my sump. Then drained it to the proper level to make everything quiet. I made my own durso's. And it took a few days but it eventually worked itself out. Do they have a hole on the top cap? You might have to make it bigger or smaller.

40 gallon cichlid tank;
Pseudotropheus socolofi (albino) x 1
Labidochromis caeruleus
Metriaclima greshakei x 2
Amatitlania nigrofasciata x 20
Pseudotropheus crabro x 1
6" pleco x 1

120 gallon saltwater

That worked...but now I hear some slirping from top hole. Think I am going to try the airline tubing with valve method to control air.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom