Super Weird Tank Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolffish

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a lizard cage and well one of my lizards just died the other one is alright and such but my real question is this : If i give my remaining lizard to my neigbor but keep the tank will i be able to buy a filter and such and turn it into a freshwater fish tank? The lizard tank looks like a 20 gallon and since i was never good at keeping reptiles i really dont want to kill this one, so i was thinking it would benifit me more if i tuned it into a fish tank. You know just thinking out side my multicolored box of fun.

It depends. Some tanks made for reptiles aren't strong enought to hold water. Does it have a type of sealent in the corner (it should look kinda like milky-clear hot glue)?

i wont use a tank thats had any sort of reptile or small animal in it for fish... why not run down to walmart and buy a 10g tank for $12 and keep your lizard

Okay but will the tank at walmart be okay? and then i get every thing else at a LPS? and yes the tank has the milky white stuff on the corners. but depending on the 2 questions above i wont need to worry about that.

ive heard alot of stories online about reptile and small animal urine and feces... idk, it may pose no threat, but i would rather be safe than sorry

Very true i will try to get another tank and i will try to take better care of my lizards.

Sometimes anything with any kind of claws will work at the silicone sealant in the corners of the tank, therefore compromising the strength of the tank itself. I would not put water in any tank that was not used for water to begin with. I have put hampsters , gerbils, and mice in them, and they always deteriorate the corners.

Back
Top Bottom