SW Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roka64

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does any one have SW plants in their tanks?

No, but in the next week or too im going to buy some for my 29 gallon. They should make a good addition. Ive read that if you have a tang watch out becasue they might eat them. Depends on which plants you get tho.

When you say plants what exactly are you refering to. Just about anything that goes in SW is either an algae, coral or invert.

not very many true SW plants ...

I have come Codium ( dead man's fingers ) in my tank - very pretty green macroalgae. The tang and coral beauty pick at it a bit, but don't seem to make much headway.

would maidens hair(turtle weed) count as a "saltwater plant"? if so i have a clump of it in my tank...and it GROWS FAST(literally new sprouts coming out of the rock every day). i just hope it doesnt take over the tank.

I have two 90g tanks.. one is LR heavy, with a good bit of macro algae types 'planted' in it.. very nice looking, and since I have a couple of emerald crabs I don't really have to prune it back much (do have a seperate culture tank (20g) as well cause they eat alot it seems).

The other tank is on it's way to maturing to be a seahorse/cardinal tank.
In it I have a few varities of seagrass that I just got in and it looks really nice, but requires a good deal of light.

I love the look of a planted tank and would eb happy to pm you with the links I have found (the 'true' 'plants' (i.e. seagrass) seem a bit harder to procure, so you'll have to be patient and order em from someone that will go harvest you some properly)

Sure, Feron. I was just looking for more color and interesting stuff for my fish only tank....

Back
Top Bottom