Swim bladder diasease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I talked about how my betta was swimming weird and I google some pics of swim bladder... It does look like he has it . Any advice ???

I guess I'm going to have to find some fish store other than petsmart and Petco :( Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mr. Limpet said:
Peas (shelled) will fix it. Once a week to keep it away.

All I have are canned peas is that ok ?? I'm not familiar with this stuff . Something else could be wrong with him. I guess Petco is outta of the question too. Grrr I like them bc they have warranties. This betta was 15 bucks I hate to loose him... I'm getting frustrated. Seems like I'm having the worst luck ever

All I have are canned peas is that ok ?? I'm not familiar with this stuff . Something else could be wrong with him. I guess Petco is outta of the question too. Grrr I like them bc they have warranties. This betta was 15 bucks I hate to loose him... I'm getting frustrated. Seems like I'm having the worst luck ever

Yep, canned is fine. I keep a bag of frozen, defrost a few, shell and feed them. Bettas are the only fish we'll buy from Petco.

He's beautiful but he acts like he cant swim well. Idk if I did something wrong. He looks a little bulged in the back

He's not even trying to eat he's just laying on a plant

Some Berta wouldn't eat peas. Coz Betta are generally carnivores! But u can just stop feeding him for a few days until the problem is solved. What kinda food do u feed him?

Thanks guys ... Thanks for putting up with me. Something was really wrong...I had to take him back... I got some tetras instead. I hope y'all don't think I'm crazy... For taking him back but I can't afford 15 bucks for a dying fish. I really want to do this the right way and find fish that won't stress me out. I'm sorry guys and thanks so much for your help. Please don't give up on me :(

I may add a betta later.. A less expensive one. wish I had some one knowledgeable to help me pic out healthy fish :(

The best advice I can give you is to join a local aquarium club. We are are a wonderful group of people with unlimited help. It's like carrying around a 50 volume encyclopedia.

I had a swim bladder problem after I started a new tank, which I thought to be cycled. I euthanized the fish.

itrack4u said:
The best advice I can give you is to join a local aquarium club. We are are a wonderful group of people with unlimited help. It's like carrying around a 50 volume encyclopedia.

I had a swim bladder problem after I started a new tank, which I thought to be cycled. I euthanized the fish.

That sounds like good advice ;) thank u

also sorry about your fish :(

Hows he/she looking? I had this problem of the second month I got my fish :s so I put the fish in a separate container and chopped a pea in half an left it for him to eat, he never ate it when I was watching him but I woke up and it was gone, everyday he got better with his balance and swimming, only took a few days, if they don't eat, I'd let it starve where it comes to the point when it HAS to eat, should help, fingers crossed

Shepppzzz

shepz said:
Hows he/she looking? I had this problem of the second month I got my fish :s so I put the fish in a separate container and chopped a pea in half an left it for him to eat, he never ate it when I was watching him but I woke up and it was gone, everyday he got better with his balance and swimming, only took a few days, if they don't eat, I'd let it starve where it comes to the point when it HAS to eat, should help, fingers crossed

Shepppzzz

Thanks shepz.. That's good advice... Ill probably be getting other one later and I'll be more prepared next time

Hubert90 said:
Ya! For not giving up! I promise u wouldn't regret it!! I have a betta in a heavily planted 10 gallon! I'm in love with it!! Haha :)

They are pretty ;) I believe you . I am however a little freaked about the swim bladder stuff but I don't think it's as bad as I thought. There are so many things u can to help now. Used to it was like sick fish!!!! Get rid of it lol... But now u can actually help them I just wanna learn more and be more confident so I can help

Flossie said:
They are pretty ;) I believe you . I am however a little freaked about the swim bladder stuff but I don't think it's as bad as I thought. There are so many things u can to help now. Used to it was like sick fish!!!! Get rid of it lol... But now u can actually help them I just wanna learn more and be more confident so I can help

SBD isn't that scary if u notice it and treat it on it's early stages! If u leave it untreated for a long period ( i never experimented to define "long period HAHA) it's almost incurable to my knowledge and experience. But I get what u mean by freaked out! Even thou Im pretty confident with my goldfish! I still freak out when I see something abnormal! Haha

Back
Top Bottom