switching from 75 to 125 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wrasse326

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok im fixing to get a 125 gallon aquarium. Right now i have a 75 gallon aquarium. I wanted to know if taking the water out of my 75 and putting it in to the new tank then filling the rest up with fresh water would be enough to be able to immediately put all of my fish and corals in the new aquarium or if i would still have to cycle the tank with live rocks in it for a couple of weeks?

Fish that will be put into the new tank are a hoevens wrasse, hiatchi anthias, 2 ocellaris clownfish, mandarin goby, clown goby, keyhole angel, bangii cardinal, yellow eye kole tang
Also have a choc chip starfish and a coral banded shrimp a condy anemone
Corals are mushrooms and daisy polyps and a pink tree lol. Think its the Kenya tree but can't remember.
Also what do people mean when they say their tank is drilled? What is it drilled for?
Thanks in advance for any answers. I love the fish i have and I've had them all for a long time. Don't want to kill any of them.

You best bet is to move your filtration over as well.

Drilled means The tanks has holes drill in it for custom overflows.

Last edited:
Well yea i intended to move those also. So would that make it ok to immediately put all of my fish in the new Tank?

I did it before I look at it as doing a large water change just not removing any water. So yes I did it twice so far with no I'll affects.

Ok thanks. That's what i was hoping is that it would be enough water to just be like a water change. I just know saltwater fish are more sensitive to brand new water.

Back
Top Bottom