Switching from HOB to Canister, anything special to know?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spm2600

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tank is about a month old, can't quite tell if cycle is complete but I've purchased a canister filter and inline heater that I'd like to set up soon. Do I run both filters until bio filter builds up in canister? I want to make sure I do not dissrupt cycle or have it start all over again.

Yes. I would say at least a month to be sure. What are your current parameters ? Liquid test kit is the best method to use. Strips are not very accurate.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Yes. I would say at least a month to be sure. What are your current parameters ? Liquid test kit is the best method to use. Strips are not very accurate.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

+1 run both together. Depending on the size tank I would leave both, more filtration is better

0 amonnia, 0 nitrities, 0 nitrates. 36g with Aqueon 30 queietflow. The plan was to switch to canister because HOB was to **** loud so I'd like to elliminate it. I think I'll let them run together for a month, that sounds reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom