Swoping fish to different tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terence

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
Please help with the best way forward. I am no expert with fish tanks and all the chemical attributes.

I have a 5ft tank with live bearing fish(guppies, mollies, platy,etc) with a medium gravel substrate. Tank is healthy.

I also have a 4ft tank with mixed Malawi Cichlid with crushed coral substrate. This tank is now getting to small for my 25 fish. Tank is healthy.

Please advise as to how I can go about to swop these two tanks with the least amount of stress to my fish?

Terence

Before you go about the work and headache of swapping your fish, watch a video on Youtube by KGtropicals about how many Malawi cichlids will safely fit into a tank.

Before you go about the work and headache of swapping your fish, watch a video on Youtube by KGtropicals about how many Malawi cichlids will safely fit into a tank.
Thanks, watched the video and I am all good to go. My tank is about 95gal so I can fit in about 40 to 45 fish in there. This is my whole intention to swop tanks, to add more fish. The 4ft is big enough for now.

Back
Top Bottom