Sydney's Rimless Tank.... Round Two!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a 1200 ml bottle, add

78g KNO3
106g K2SO4
11g KH2PO4 (this is lower than the 1000ml dosage, I miscalculated the first time around =P)

Then in bottle two, 49g CSM+B. This way the dosing directions stay the same.

Sorry to hear about the horse :( Glad that the betta got here today though.

Thank you for that. Whats the formula?

And thank you for the condolences..... It was hard. Betta is in great shape though, tiny bit of fin damage but looking good. :)

Just wondering, is it harder to dose without mixing them? Like what is the reasoning for mixing?

Do you mean adding the dry ferts directly to the tank? Or are you referring to mixing the solutions prior to each dosing session?

Brian, you can refrigerate your mix to prevent molding. I know that would be a pain for me, given my fridge is downstairs and my tank upstairs...

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Brian, you can refrigerate your mix to prevent molding. I know that would be a pain for me, given my fridge is downstairs and my tank upstairs...

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I thought about that. But I just started mixing up smaller batches, enough to use up before it starts going bad. My GF would probably hate seeing fertilizer in the fridge anyhow... LOL

Do you mean adding the dry ferts directly to the tank? Or are you referring to mixing the solutions prior to each dosing session?

Yeah I meant adding them dry. It seems like it would be less of a hassle.

I should be able to upload pictures today, though the water is a bit cloudy for some reason.

I should be able to upload pictures today, though the water is a bit cloudy for some reason.

Sydney - Cloudy pics are fine. :)

Ayi - if you were doing PPS pro and adding dry fertilizers per day, the amounts would be ridiculously minute. For instance, according to the standard PPS pro mix as per the GLA site, for 500 mL of water you would add 29g of K2SO4 (or 58g in 1000 mL). For every 10 gallons of tank water you would dose 1 mL of the fert mixture. The dry equivalent of that would by 58g K2SO4 divided by 1000. That would be 0.058g.

Hope that makes sense and somebody please correct me if my math or logic is off.

Sydney - Cloudy pics are fine. :)

Ayi - if you were doing PPS pro and adding dry fertilizers per day, the amounts would be ridiculously minute. For instance, according to the standard PPS pro mix as per the GLA site, for 500 mL of water you would add 29g of K2SO4 (or 58g in 1000 mL). For every 10 gallons of tank water you would dose 1 mL of the fert mixture. The dry equivalent of that would by 58g K2SO4 divided by 1000. That would be 0.058g.

Hope that makes sense and somebody please correct me if my math or logic is off.

Yeah it makes! But that would be really difficult to dose:eek:

My brother would not let me use his ipod to upload the pictures I took onto my laptop, so I will try and get some with the camera. That, and I was busy with my goat. She had quads this evening. Two boys, and two girls :)

I have a question - would it be terrible to mix up the ferts in tap water? (from a well) I was not able to get any distilled water today.

My brother would not let me use his ipod to upload the pictures I took onto my laptop, so I will try and get some with the camera. That, and I was busy with my goat. She had quads this evening. Two boys, and two girls :)

I have a question - would it be terrible to mix up the ferts in tap water? (from a well) I was not able to get any distilled water today.

Sorry about your horse :(
Congrats on the new kids!
Non-distilled water may contain chemicals that could possibly bind with the ferts or make it harder to dissolve them. The first part is speculation and the second is based on demineralization in soft vs hard water. If if dissolves fine, then you should be okay. Btw, the micros don't always dissolve, even in DI water.

Here is what the tank looked like before I left. Actually, it was a couple days prior and I know there was noticeable growth.

Back
Top Bottom