Sydney's Rimless Tank.... Round Two!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I just need something in an all in one dose for the house sitter while we are gone, so all she has to dose is glute and some ferts.

But you can premix the dry ferts for the house sitter. Then its only micros, macros and glut. Only one extra bottle.

I think the majority of people using liquid ferts like the seachem range

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've got some EI ferts mixed up, but I don't think they mixed properly and didn't seem to work right. I could mix some more up, should I do PPS-Pro? Or EI?

I've got some EI ferts mixed up, but I don't think they mixed properly and didn't seem to work right. I could mix some more up, should I do PPS-Pro? Or EI?

EI. I dont see the problem with dosing the entire weeks worth of micros and macros in one go tbh. Wait for others to comment on that first though.
Certainly would cut down on the house sitters dosing as you could do it before you go. Obviously glut needs doing still

Or you could just put the dry ferts(unmixed) into a pill box thing, one that has a box for each day.

EI. I dont see the problem with dosing the entire weeks worth of micros and macros in one go tbh. Wait for others to comment on that first though.
Certainly would cut down on the house sitters dosing as you could do it before you go. Obviously glut needs doing still

Ok, the only way I have ever done it was with all the different things in a separate bottle for each, so how do I do it with the macros and micros in a bottle each?

Ok, the only way I have ever done it was with all the different things in a separate bottle for each, so how do I do it with the macros and micros in a bottle each?

Yes separate bottles for micros and macros. In an ideal world you'd take the potassium nitrate and put that in its own bottle to make a total of three bottles. This is because people dont often need to dose as much nitrate and like to be able to control it better

Yes separate bottles for micros and macros. In an ideal world you'd take the potassium nitrate and put that in its own bottle to make a total of three bottles. This is because people dont often need to dose as much nitrate and like to be able to control it better

Alright, could you walk me through this a little more? How many bottles I need, and how much of what to put in each?

Alright, could you walk me through this a little more? How many bottles I need, and how much of what to put in each?

Get two 1000 mL bottles. In one, combine

68g KNO3
88g K2SO4
13g KH2PO4

In the other, mix in 40.5g CSM+B.

Dose 15-20 ml from each bottle before you go, or have the sitter dose 5 ml of each solution 3-4 times during the week.

pictures will be a bit delayed had to put down a horse.

:(

Thank you guys... He was one of my best buddies. Hard to believe he's gone :( I was there with him with his head on my lap till the end.

Betta got here today though, he is going to look great in his tank! I will try and get some pictures today.

For the bottles- could I used bottles that are about 1,200 mls or would that be too diluted?

For a 1200 ml bottle, add

78g KNO3
106g K2SO4
11g KH2PO4 (this is lower than the 1000ml dosage, I miscalculated the first time around =P)

Then in bottle two, 49g CSM+B. This way the dosing directions stay the same.

Sorry to hear about the horse :( Glad that the betta got here today though.

I personally don't like whipping up batches of ferts of more than 250 to 500mL because the micros get moldy despite adding excel in it. I make smaller batches so it stays fresh.

While we're on the topic, this precipitate? Brian? Any advice man?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just wondering, is it harder to dose without mixing them? Like what is the reasoning for mixing?

While we're on the topic, this precipitate? Brian? Any advice man?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Huh? I'm only aware of Fe binding with PO4 to precipitate. Just keep the micros and macros separate until ready to dose.

Back
Top Bottom