T5 Q?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skeletor18

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi my buddy and I Are doing DIY T5 and wanted to know this ballast is good to go. It's a new T5 electronic HO. I didn't buy this at an aquarium store, but my friend who is an electrician gifted it to me.

image-2227045512.jpg

image-2512189557.jpg

image-2633605393.jpg

Not quite sure. Going to tag along to find out for myself.

That ballast looks like it will work just fine. I just have to ask and please don't take this the wrong way I mean no disrespect. Your friend the electrician, he would know the answer 100%. It must deal with t5, t8 etc etc etc all the time.

But in any event. That ballast appears to be sufficient enough.

That ballast looks like it will work just fine. I just have to ask and please don't take this the wrong way I mean no disrespect. Your friend the electrician, he would know the answer 100%. It must deal with t5, t8 etc etc etc all the time.

But in any event. That ballast appears to be sufficient enough.

Of course no disrespect taken. I haven't spoke to him and won't be able to speak to him. He dropped it off at my house. My concerns were maybe this being overkill on the ballast. First venture into DIY lighting.

Of course no disrespect taken. I haven't spoke to him and won't be able to speak to him. He dropped it off at my house. My concerns were maybe this being overkill on the ballast. First venture into DIY lighting.

*I will speak to him but not for a few days.

I think it will work. It seems to be a more expensive ballast since its 277 compatible. It says it powers T5hos @ 54 watts which is any 4' bulb. Just make sure you wire the input correctly or you may fry the ballast. Good luck.

I think it will work. It seems to be a more expensive ballast since its 277 compatible. It says it powers T5hos @ 54 watts which is any 4' bulb. Just make sure you wire the input correctly or you may fry the ballast. Good luck.

True and you'll know it when a ballast burns out.

Back
Top Bottom