t5 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what are you asking? if youre asking if you can put a t5ho bulb in a fixture designed for t8 or t12 no... if youre asking if you can get a retrofit kit and put in an existing fixture, yes, you can...

ok i have an 18 inch t5 normal output fixture and i want to know if i can put in a t5 high output in the same fixture

i wouldnt, and even if it would work, the ballast wouldnt make the t5ho bulb any brighter than the t5 bulb thats in it... a light is only as powerful as the ballast thats in it... how many watts is that fixture anyways?

you can use the same fixture and change the ballast for a t5ho ballast then use t5ho bulbs in it. the pin spacing on the bulbs is the same so you wont have to change the sockets.

you would have to take the fixture apart, disconnect the wires, take the old ballast out, put the new one in, reconnect the wires and put the fixture back together.

I am not 100% sure that T5HO and T5 bulbs come in the same lengths... I think it is designed that way to prevent you from putting in the wrong bulb. I could be wrong...

Back
Top Bottom