T5HO lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SiberianBlood

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 24" dual 24w Nova Extreme on my 20 gallon planted and a 30" dual 24w Nova Extreme on my 37 gallon planted. Both fixtures came from That Fish Place. I have had 0 issues with either one and think they both do a great job.

SiberianBlood said:
I have a 150 gal freshwater tank. im wanting to do a full on planted tank. i know the whole wpg rule doesnt really work anymore because of better quality lights. but i want to assure my plants the best growth. I was thinking abou getting 2 of these 48 in. Nova Extreme T5 HO Freshwater Aquarium Light Fixture - 2 x 54W | T5 Lighting | Lighting Systems | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com

relativly cheap and from a trusted website what do you guys think.?

How long is your tank?? If its like mine its 6ft... Youd be better with a 72" fixture or 2 36" which is what Ive done. I was asking the same question when I was looking at lights and was going the 48" route until I had some much great input from my fellow AA members. Check out aquatraders.com or fishneedit.com they have really good prices and you should be able to find a fixture for your tank.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium

Coleallensmom said:
I have a 24" dual 24w Nova Extreme on my 20 gallon planted and a 30" dual 24w Nova Extreme on my 37 gallon planted. Both fixtures came from That Fish Place. I have had 0 issues with either one and think they both do a great job.

Have you gotten any plants from thatfishplace.com?? I order just about everything from them and I think there GREAT! They always have a nice selection of plants just curious to know if you've purchased thru them being that both of your tanks look AMAZING!!!

Have you gotten any plants from thatfishplace.com?? I order just about everything from them and I think there GREAT! They always have a nice selection of plants just curious to know if you've purchased thru them being that both of your tanks look AMAZING!!!

I have a crypt or two and some vals that came from sweetaquatics.com but everything else in both tanks has come from That Fish Place. I am only about a 30min drive from them, so I get the added pleasure of picking my plants straight from their plant room. Definitely the best selection I've seen in this area and whenever I have a question, they email me back same day. I've been nothing but pleased with them!

Thanks, btw! :)

I've been to the actual store and it is ginormous! It was a hike for me (about 4.5 hours round trip) but well worth it! I spent the day in Amish country and then purchased some fish. I expressed my concern for the amount of time that the fish would be in the bag for the ride home. They reassured me that the fish would be fine and they held true to that statement. They even add a type of brown paper bag inside of the plastic fish bag for added rigidity.

I refer to them as my NLFW - Non-Local Fish Warehouse.

I can't wait to go back there again!

Your NLFW! lol :eek:

+1 On it being worth the trip. I buy almost everything from them even though I have two Petcos and Petsmart only about 5 minutes away.

Coleallensmom said:
I have a crypt or two and some vals that came from sweetaquatics.com but everything else in both tanks has come from That Fish Place. I am only about a 30min drive from them, so I get the added pleasure of picking my plants straight from their plant room. Definitely the best selection I've seen in this area and whenever I have a question, they email me back same day. I've been nothing but pleased with them!

Thanks, btw! :)

Cough cough (spoiled) I wish I was close to them it would save me the shipping lol but I have always been very happy with anything Ive gotten and if the was a problem it was always resolved and sent a new product very promptly. A+ for thatfishplace... Where are you in FLA or PA? I think they have a store there too thats where evrything I order comes from but the magazine is from FLA.

Viper said:
I've been to the actual store and it is ginormous! It was a hike for me (about 4.5 hours round trip) but well worth it! I spent the day in Amish country and then purchased some fish. I expressed my concern for the amount of time that the fish would be in the bag for the ride home. They reassured me that the fish would be fine and they held true to that statement. They even add a type of brown paper bag inside of the plastic fish bag for added rigidity.

I refer to them as my NLFW - Non-Local Fish Warehouse.

I can't wait to go back there again!

Yea it looks like a HUGE place I was thinking about going to the PA store soon. I go to PA to get some other thing I can't in NY ( fireworks ;) but shh lol ) so I was thinking of taking a trip there while Im in the area. Which store have you been to? NLFW- Rofl thats a great 1!

Yea it looks like a HUGE place I was thinking about going to the PA store soon. I go to PA to get some other thing I can't in NY ( fireworks ;) but shh lol ) so I was thinking of taking a trip there while Im in the area. Which store have you been to? NLFW- Rofl thats a great 1!

I'm from Philadelphia so That Fish Place is the furthest North & West I have gone for a fish store. If you're ever in the Philadelphia area, there is a place called "The Hidden Reef" that has a pretty good selection of both FW and SW fish (don't let the name fool you ;)).

They had a fire 2 years ago that destroyed their store. They re-opened in Levittown PA and had some problems at first with fish diseases. I contribute that to not being able to fully focus on the fish as they were still in the process of stocking and moving everything into the new store. I've been there a couple times since I saw the sick fish and all of the fish now look great! That may be more information that you cared to know, especially if you venture no where near Philadelphia, but hey, I thought I would share :D

Cough cough (spoiled) I wish I was close to them it would save me the shipping lol but I have always been very happy with anything Ive gotten and if the was a problem it was always resolved and sent a new product very promptly. A+ for thatfishplace... Where are you in FLA or PA? I think they have a store there too thats where evrything I order comes from but the magazine is from FLA.

Hey, I admit it! I am spoiled! It's nice being able to pick out the exact plants that I am going to take home with me. I am a TFP card member as well, so they send me monthly coupons. :)

I'm in PA...about mid way between Gettysburg and Harrisburg.

It is big. This is the main floor...plus there is seperate rooms for fish, plants, reptiles, etc.

img_1265327_0_1d32927c3847676054b038a2d03c17d4.jpg

Coleallensmom said:
Hey, I admit it! I am spoiled! It's nice being able to pick out the exact plants that I am going to take home with me. I am a TFP card member as well, so they send me monthly coupons. :)

I'm in PA...about mid way between Gettysburg and Harrisburg.

Wow Im really jelaous!!! Im really going to have to take a trip there. Just from that pic it looks really big! Im out on Long Island definetly gonna look into going there. Youll have to meet me there and give me the tour so I dont get lost lol. Do they give out maps? lol

Viper said:
I'm from Philadelphia so That Fish Place is the furthest North & West I have gone for a fish store. If you're ever in the Philadelphia area, there is a place called "The Hidden Reef" that has a pretty good selection of both FW and SW fish (don't let the name fool you ;)).

They had a fire 2 years ago that destroyed their store. They re-opened in Levittown PA and had some problems at first with fish diseases. I contribute that to not being able to fully focus on the fish as they were still in the process of stocking and moving everything into the new store. I've been there a couple times since I saw the sick fish and all of the fish now look great! That may be more information that you cared to know, especially if you venture no where near Philadelphia, but hey, I thought I would share :D

Cool thanks Ill have to look into them also.

TommyLiNy said:
Wow Im really jelaous!!! Im really going to have to take a trip there. Just from that pic it looks really big! Im out on Long Island definetly gonna look into going there. Youll have to meet me there and give me the tour so I dont get lost lol. Do they give out maps? lol

I just got a package from them yesterday matter a fact lol... New heater some roots tabs a freshwater master kit and day bulb for my crested gecko. I wonder if you shipped plants if it would be cheaper then them. Going to order plants tomorrow (payday lol).

Back
Top Bottom