Tadpoles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium1

Aquarium Advice Addict
So outside we have a barrel that collects rain water (with a net/lid on top to try to keep mosquitos out) and somehow a tree frog (we think anyway, since I don't think any other type of frog could get in there) laid some eggs, which ended up hatching in there. So I'm wondering, would they be ok in there? I mean, how are they gonna get out with a lid on? Maybe I could take it off once they're old enough? Also wouldn't they need some land to climb out on, or would they be able to climb up the sides to get out? Just wondering if they'd be ok or if I should do something. Thanks in advance :D

Well if a tree frog got in it did it business and left, they should be able to get out. They should be fine in there but if you she them looking for a way out you may consider moving them when they are older.

Every year when we take the cover off the pool, there are literally thousands of tadpoles swimming around on the cover. We usually just let them get pumped out, but occasionally there are several very small frogs jumping out

I put some tadpoles in my tank once. they all disappeared.

they will grow sticky feet and get out fine.

k. I put some in mine before too, but I think the filter sucked em up :(. Then I tried again with some older, salamander larvae (like tadpoles for salamanders lol), they already had their back legs (or front, whichever comes first) and they actually grew up. It was so cool when they took their first breath of air as well haha. It made a cool popping noise. Had to put em in my pond not long after tho since we went on vacation.

Back
Top Bottom