Take A Guess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrismac

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey Everyone I was taking pictures of our Cichlid fry tank today.
There are three Fish is the picture below they are from three different batches the oldest fish in the pic is from the first brood which is now 9 months old, the others are 1 1/2 months younger than each other.

Can you guess who is the Oldest fish?
I'll reply with the answer later on.
:) Chris.

Its the smallest one you see in the picture at the bottom.
his name is Runt (I know sounds mean), but he is actually very respected in the fry tank as all the other fry were once smaller than him at one point. He is the only one left in there from the first batch he may just aswell be the oldest lab baby we have his brood was the first for the mother.

It seems that there is a defect in his mouth area which Could have happend comming out of her mouth as it was a first time thing for her. The defect makes it harder for him to eat. but he eats if he didn't then he wouldn't have survived so long. Plus I take the extra time to make sure he get enough
Even though he has a birth defect I think he is my favorite fish out of all the fish we have.
Now most people will discard the deformed fry when breeding as for this case we didn't notice this till the third batch out grew him.
We decided that the holding tank will be his permanate home as he may not survive anywhere else.

Chris

Thanks, he is actually a very strong fish he doesn't let anyone else in the tank take over when its feeding time.
its unfortuate that he is the only one left from that batch in the holding tank but one male and 3 females are now in the main Mbuna community tank now. The rest were sold
I got a fair bit to move actually.
I consider him the little boss of the tank lol.

Chris.

I think he's the cutest fish I've ever seen. :)

Chris, do you have pics of your cichlid tank in the gallery?

-j

Thanks hisclay pretty small little guy he is only 1/2 an inch or so.

No Pics in the gallery as of yet got lots of pic though Lots of fish aswell
Chris

Back
Top Bottom