Taking a Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your gunna put them out of their misery, putting them in a cup filled with alcohol is pretty quick. Something strong, 30% proof or more. Whiskey.

Lots of suggestions come to mind. Not keeping fish is honestly among them given your history.

If your gunna put them out of their misery, putting them in a cup filled with alcohol is pretty quick. Something strong, 30% proof or more. Whiskey.

Please at least google before you advise. Proof, %, whiskey.... google and try again please.

Lots of suggestions come to mind. Not keeping fish is honestly among them given your history.

Please at least google before you advise. Proof, %, whiskey.... google and try again please.

whiskey is a strong alcohol with high proof...example Jameson-Irish Whiskey 40% alcohol proof 80. Maybe YOU should learn your alcohol.

whiskey is a strong alcohol with high proof...example Jameson-Irish Whiskey 40% alcohol proof 80. Maybe YOU should learn your alcohol.

Got a bit of experience with fish, alcohol, and the combination. Thanks. Percentage does not equal proof which is what your first post basically said. Euthanizing fish with whiskey is probably possible, but most likely inhumane.

What is the schedule and regimen that you recommend for humanely euthanizing with whiskey?

Clove oil or a quick head loss are better options IMO.

Sorry your fish died. If you are thinking about getting more fish you should research the proper tank sizes for fish. Two goldfish in a 10 gallon and poor maintenance was why the fish suffered and died, rather needlessly.

Also if you want to keep your bacteria alive until you get fish you're going to have to feed the bacteria something like pure ammonia or at the very least some ground up fish food. Otherwise the bacteria will starve and you'll have to recycle the tank). I also hope the water in the bucket has been dechlorinated and it isn't pure tap water.

Im not sure how to deal with the soap issue. You will have to flush everything with TONS of hot water to eliminate any trace of it. I would toss the filters (media part)-even if you get all the soap out, your bacteria will already be dead from the soap incident. Your going to have to flush the filters(mechanical part) really well with hot water & probably run them for a week with plain water ( and lots of 100% wcs)afterwards to make sure there is no residue left in the filter body. Then, you will have to recycle the tank & stock with an appropriate type of fish. Ask for help on stocking!!

Sorry your fish died. If you are thinking about getting more fish you should research the proper tank sizes for fish. Two goldfish in a 10 gallon and poor maintenance was why the fish suffered and died, rather needlessly.

Also if you want to keep your bacteria alive until you get fish you're going to have to feed the bacteria something like pure ammonia or at the very least some ground up fish food. Otherwise the bacteria will starve and you'll have to recycle the tank). I also hope the water in the bucket has been dechlorinated and it isn't pure tap water.

No I just want the tank chemical free from the soap, I can jump start a new cycle using media from my big tank. All I am wondering is of it's safe to use the filters and decor

Im not sure how to deal with the soap issue. You will have to flush everything with TONS of hot water to eliminate any trace of it. I would toss the filters (media part)-even if you get all the soap out, your bacteria will already be dead from the soap incident. Your going to have to flush the filters(mechanical part) really well with hot water & probably run them for a week with plain water ( and lots of 100% wcs)afterwards to make sure there is no residue left in the filter body. Then, you will have to recycle the tank & stock with an appropriate type of fish. Ask for help on stocking!!

I have a clean ten gallon I need the filters for a crayfish

I dont know anything about crayfish but flush & clean the filters (mechanical part) as i suggested if you need to use them (toss the media part).

I dont know anything about crayfish but flush & clean the filters (mechanical part) as i suggested if you need to use them (toss the media part).

Thanks medias already thrown out and filters are running fresh water threw them as we speak

Back
Top Bottom