taking off filter bottoms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

6 in a row makes it go

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
the bottom part of my filters are always getting gummed up every few days. i guess my oscars have big poop. my question is this: is it safe to do? i don't have any fish small enough to get sucked up by them and so far it seems to help. i'm just not sure if i could be damaging my filter. one is about 6 inches from the bottom now and the other is 4.

6 in a row makes it go said:
the bottom part of my filters are always getting gummed up every few days. i guess my oscars have big poop. my question is this: is it safe to do? i don't have any fish small enough to get sucked up by them and so far it seems to help. i'm just not sure if i could be damaging my filter. one is about 6 inches from the bottom now and the other is 4.

U can leave them off as long as foreign objects doesn't get sucked in. The reason y they are there is to keep foreign objects out of ur filter. Foreign object as in subtracts, plastic plants and etc

U can leave them off as long as foreign objects doesn't get sucked in. The reason y they are there is to keep foreign objects out of ur filter. Foreign object as in subtracts, plastic plants and etc

i have rocks on the bottom and all plastic plants are attached to heavy caves.

How about adding prefilter sponge to the intake of your filter ?

Back
Top Bottom