Taking shape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zakwhite

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hat do you think higher lower etc got 30 kg more
Coming Tommorow in there now is 25kg

Attachments

• image-3053609941.jpg
    image-3053609941.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 99
Looks great so far! I would try to make it higher in the middle and have the sides at what the left side is at now

New and improved getting 4 cichlids on satarday

Attachments

• image-2581528630.jpg
    image-2581528630.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 75
malawi mad said:
looking good.

thanks just a qucik question you might you might not know can you keep garra ruffa fish with malawi cichlids? Or any cichlids?

thanks just a qucik question you might you might not know can you keep garra ruffa fish with malawi cichlids? Or any cichlids?

Not a 100% sure i know they like a slightly lower PH than the malawi's but with other cichlid's im sure they will be fine(y)

Ok will ask lfs i think prob best option they should know
(fingers crossed) lol

Ok will ask lfs i think prob best option they should know
(fingers crossed) lol

Yeah see what they say, i know they do well in community tanks and with certain cichlids im sure they will be fine but with malawi's i doubt they would thrive well. Get some Synodontis (awesome fish (y) )

malawi mad said:
yeah see what they say, i know they do well in community tanks and with certain cichlids im sure they will be fine but with malawi's i doubt they would thrive well. Get some synodontis (awesome fish (y) )

was planning to get 1 or 2 of them i dont know how many i could keep could you give me an idea of stocking hte tank? Its 55 gallon -5 gallon prob cuz of rock work gravel etc.

Could have 5 or 6 of the syno petricola in a 55G no problem. What cichlid's you wanting?

malawi mad said:
could have 5 or 6 of the syno petricola in a 55g no problem. What cichlid's you wanting?

malawi cichlids are you sure that many woud be ok?would they fit get stuck or have enough hide spots how big dothe syndontis things get aswell?

Only 4.5inch, yeah they will be fine honestly. Some labidochromis caeruleus would look nice in your tank or Pseudotropheus saulosi (both have beautiful male and females) It depends what you can get hold of, do you know what fish you can get or what your LFS stocks?

I can get any fish my lfs has abot 400 tropical tanks litterally full of really good looking fish about half of those cichlids! And loads or plecos catcfish etc aswell they can also order 'anything' appaently

That's good. Well the labs or saulosi will look brilliant, also some cyno afra Cobue maybe?? These to are a very nice species. Theres so many to list, have you got any ideas of what fish you like? Also What filtration you running??

Great tank man! I am in the process of decorating my new african cichlid tank as well and looking for some ideas. What kind of rocks are those, where did you get them, and how did you stack them like that?

cerulean_blue said:
Great tank man! I am in the process of decorating my new african cichlid tank as well and looking for some ideas. What kind of rocks are those, where did you get them, and how did you stack them like that?

I just stacked them big at bottom smaller rocks at the top gives it more of a 'crumbly' scene I got them online are your in the uk? And it's ocean rock

Zakwhite said:
New and improved getting 4 cichlids on satarday

Also by the way that sky remote turns my aquarium lights of when you press select!! If you were wondering why it was there?

Back
Top Bottom