Tang compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
MY dad has a 90 gallon salt water tank that has two black clowns a six line wrasse a Pygmy angel or something like that and a sail fin tang. His question is (since my mom keeps bugging him for a blue fish) can he put a blue regal tang in with his sail fin tang or do you all have any recommendations I know he has snails, hermit crabs, and had some emerald crabs but I believe a mantis shrimp that hitch hiked in on a rock killed them. He is currently TRYING to catch this shrimp. And I know his tank can't be stocked because 90 gallons and 4 fish, I feel like he could fit more

Both the sailfin and blue tang should really have a tank that is twice as big. Many sources recommend 180 gallons for those tangs.

I agree. No blue tang and the sailfin shouldn't be in a 4ft tank either. I hate'm but maybe a damsel. Very blue and since others are already there first, maybe it won't be too agressive which they can be for such little buggers.

I agree on passing on the tang, will get too big for a 90g tank. :)

how about some blue reef chromis? Very bright blue and very active in my tank.

Well he already has the sailing tang in the tank along with two clowns a Pygmy angel and a six line wrasse. I believe he thinks the chromis are aggressive though and he has lots of corals and doesn't want something that's gonna hurt them

Chromis are 100% reef safe. I;d be more concerned about the angel eating the coral than a chromi. :)

Yah and a small group like i said 4-5 would be great and colorfull

Being the last fish in should help with the aggressiveness towards other fish. I agree with Carey the Angel is more likely to nip the corals.

Back
Top Bottom