Tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There aren't any tangs that will do well in a 20g tank. They need MUCH bigger tanks, like over 100g, and some need even bigger than that. They swim fast and need space to get up to full speed and dart around. If you put one on a 20g, it'll probably be miserable, get ich (which they are very prone to), and die. Save your money (and a fish) and skip the tang. There are other pretty fish that can go in a 20g, go to liveaquaria.com and check the nano SW section for fish ideas. :)

I too agree that a tang will not make it in a twenty gallon tank. Not enough room or space for them. There are a few that might make it in a 55 or 75 but definitely not a 20.

2pac.biggie said:
What's the best tang to get for a 20gallon long tank?
Even the juveniles need a lot of swimming space. I believe minimum for them is 40. I know it's hard to think that a little fish needs all that space but they are constantly on the move. It would be like putting a Great Dane in a little closet.

Oh ok that's fine I no that a tang will b stressed out in my 20gallon just wanted to no other people's view :)

I'm looking for a nice colourful fish that's not shy and swims around everywhere :) oh ye and is reef safe any suggestion?

If you were ok with it picking on some corals then you could go with a dwarf Angel. I would recommend a cherub angel in a 20.

Back
Top Bottom