Tank Builds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeafsFan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey All,

Been awhile since I have been on here, but I have a dilemma.

I am moving in a year and will need to get rid of one of my tanks.

I currently have a 180G, 60G and a 40G.

Stocking

180G (3 years running)
Oscar (Fair size)
JD x2 (1 medium and 1 timid large)
Syndodontis Catfish x2
Red Tail Shark (Transfer from my old tank and swims with Oscar)
2 Chinese Algae eaters (5 inches or so)
Pink Convicts x2 (Spawn constantly)

60G (2 years running)
2 Yellow Lab
2 Venestus (Sp?)
1 unkown African cichlid
4 Clown Loach (Intended to transfer to 180)
1 Clown Pleco

40G (6 months running)
4 Brichardi Cichlids
Tons of new fry
1 Clown pleco
2 Khuli Loaches (Moved from another shutdown tank)

My issue is, I want to build the 180 up with the Africans, but would the Oscar by ok with them? There is tons of hiding on the ground, and he just stays swimming near the top. It has never eaten a fish before. I used to have 3 small clown loaches with him and no issues.

My plan also was to get a divider and split the 40 with one side having the Brichardi's to spawn and something on the other side. Possibly the 2 Convicts and they could spawn in the same tank.

I do know historically you can't really mix African's and SA Cichlids, so my plan was to sell the JD's with the 60G.

OR

Could the Brichardi's go into the 180 with the Africans? The Oscar and the Brichardi's are my Favorite and are keepers for sure.

Basically I am trying to move fish around, with having to sell the least back to the LFS.

I am looking for some good opinions, even if I am not going to like the answers. (y)

I want the best for all of them in the end.

Thanks,

Leafs fan in Ottawa....wow. I thought my son liking the Sens in Toronto was rare....lol

The Oscar will eat small fish. If you wanted to have Africans from Lake Malawi, I would trade/sell the fish that are not compatible for fish that are. Do you have any forums in Ottawa. Kijiji is also an option to sell what you have. Not sure if you have the aquarium channel there. It is brutal with the fish they have on there. The electric blue Johanni bullies the bigger Jack Dempsey.
The Tanganikans that you have are very aggressive and I do not think they will work.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom